On 8 February 2022, the innovative European Smart Integration Framework Programme LUSATIA GLOW has been launched in the Press Club Brussels Europe, Rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels, as an initiative of the Czech-Slovak Brussels based SLAVONIC EUROPE Movement (SE) and its partners from SERBSKI SEJM, Lusatia / DE, ŁUŻYCKI ALIANS, Wrocław / PL and LUŽICKÁ ALIANCE ČR, Jindřichovice pod Smrkem / CZ.
The event has been officially opened trough keynote speeches delivered by the Chairwoman of the Committee on Culture and Education of the European Parliament, Ms Sabine VERHEYEN MEP, the President of the Parliament of the German Speaking Community in Belgium and form President of the Committee of Regions of the European Union, Mr Karl-Heinz LAMBERTZ, and by Prof. Ion MARIN from the Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria.
Consult the following link for the event agenda.
The LUSATIA GLOW (LG) project is an integral part of our SLAVONIC NEW WAVE (SNW) framework programme (see attachment) and starts from the Lusatian triangle – trojstyk – between Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. At the heart of the project is the people of the Lusatian Sorbs / Wends as natural ambassadors between the three countries having the aim of providing a unique model for all cross-border peoples and minorities across Europe as integration synapses: On this basis, a dense network of cross-border integration centres will be unpacked in a bottom-up way across the European continent.
Approaching European Integration through individual linguistic cross-border ethnicities as integration junctions implies a complete paradigm shift in the EU integration policy and aims to contribute, in particular, to the cohesion of Central and Eastern Europe in these turbulent times.
In the following link you will find the official website of the LG project, which leads, among others, to the individual websites of all the founding partners of this initiative:
Consult the official LG website.
The following excerpts from the LUSATIA GLOW workshop will give you a general impression of the project at a glance:
PRESS CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP on 8 February 2022 in Brussels:
- Keynote speech: Sabine VERHEYEN MEP, Chairwoman of the Committee on Culture and Education in the European Parliament
- Keynote speech: Karl-Heinz LAMBERTZ, President of the Parliament of the German Speaking Community in Belgium and Former President of the EU Committee of the Regions
- General Approach of LUSATIA GLOW: Dr. Andreas KLUGE, Member of the SERBSKI SEJM – Parliament of Sorbian / Wendisch people, Germany
- SLOVAK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, JÁN STANISLAV INSTITUT OF SLAVISTICS (SÚJS), Bratislava – Director: Doc. Dr. Šimon MARINČÁK PhD.
- LG APPLICATION AREA – North Macedonia / Serbia / Bulgaria – SLAVONIC GLOW (SG): Dr. Victor ZAKAR and Katica JANEVA
- Outlook – EUROPAN TRANSLATIONAL UNIVERSITY LUSATIA JAN SKALA (ETULIS) – Synthesis Project / Jindrichovice pod Smrkem, Czech Republic: Doc. Enzo ESSENZA, Ing. Zbynek VLK, Laura KOCHOVÁ
Consult the Press Release
Consult the LUSATIA GLOW Event Website here.